WHY USE P&S FOR SELF DEFENSE IN A LIFE THREAT SITUATION?
Why Use P&S for self defense in a life threat situation?
The study of thousands of cases of police combat has established that:
1. If you are going to be shot and/or killed, there is an 80% chance that it will be at less than 21 feet.
2. You will shoot one handed.
3. You will not be able to see your sights clearly due to poor lighting, or
4. You will not be able to see your sights clearly due to your loss of near vision due to the automatic and unstoppable activation of your Flight or Fight response which occurs in life threat situations [It releases adrenaline into your system that causes the eye muscle needed for near vision to relax, and as such, improve your far vision for focusing on the threat.],
5. You will not have the time to perform the requirements of traditional marksmanship which are necessary for accurate shooting, or the situation will be a dynamic one, and as such, that will make them *moot.
So, it would be good to know a method of shooting that: 1. is natural, fast and accurate, 2. can be used at night or day, 3. can be used when moving or standing still or shooting aerials, 4. utilizes a strong and level shooting platform, 5. is very easy to learn and retain, 6. and is not dependant upon using the sights or traditional marksmanship skills such as a specific grip, stance, regulated breathing, squeezing the trigger and so forth.
The US Army in is 2003 combat pistol manual, states that everyone has the ability to point at an object. "When a soldier points, he instinctively points at the feature on the object on which his eyes are focused. An impulse from the brain causes the arm and hand to stop when the finger reaches the proper position. When the eyes are shifted to a new object or feature, the finger, hand, and arm also shift to this point. It is this inherent trait that can be used by the soldier to engage targets rapidly and accurately...."
So, knowing and using such a method (P&S), could literally save your life.
And not knowing and using it could cost you, your life.
Use your go back button to return to the
prior page, or click here for the index.